Thunderbird European Reunion 2014 in Dubrovnik
June 12-15, 2014
Why this European Reunion?
- This will be our 41st European Reunion, done in the tradition of 40 prior successful events.
- Network with alumni from Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Africa -- expand your network.
- The Business Forum will be intellectually stimulating, covering a wide range of thought provoking topics.
- Speakers include Philip Reeker ’91 speaking on European and global political trends, including cyber security, stability and geopolitics; Thunderbird Professor Karen Walch Ph.D speaking on winning global negotiation strategies; and alumnus-entrepreneur Lawrence Masle ’94 from “Up, There, Everywhere” speaking on the growing trend, relevance and impact of cutting-edge, global, virtual, cloud-based organizations.
- Other presenters include Dr. Tvrtko Jakovina, a prominent Croatian historian and academic; Dr. Marwa Daoudy (to be confirmed), a globally recognized Oxford academic and political analyst on Syria, Arab Spring and the Middle East; and a surprise speaker for the luncheon keynote.
- Members of the Board of Trustees and Thunderbird Global Council will be present: interact with leadership team
- Meet the new president of Thunderbird, Dr. Larry Penley, and see close up what is happening with your alma mater.
- Help brainstorm new horizons for Thunderbird as it maps out it strategy for the coming years.
- Put forward your proposals to host the 2015 European Reunion – be part of the action!
- Dubrovnik is the jewel of the Mediterranean and the most visited tourist spot in Croatia.
- Dubrovnik became a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 1979.
- The uniqueness of Croatia will attract many, both pre/post event.
- Croatia’s recent entry into the EU offers attractive new business opportunities in the region.
- Accessible by air, road and sea; with direct flights from/to most major European cities during summer.
- Climate is mild Mediterranean with summer sea temperatures up to 25°C, extraordinary scenery.
- And finally….the opportunity to meet and network with old and new Tbirds in a lovely setting!
Download the brochure (PDF)
We are still actively seeking sponsors for the event: Sponsorship Benefits (PDF)
THURSDAY, JUNE 12TH
19:00 – 22:00 - Welcome BBQ
FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH
8:00 – 14:30 - Business Forum
15:30 – 18:30 - Guided City Tour
20:00 – 23:00 - Folklore Dinner
SATURDAY, JUNE 14TH
9:00 – 17:00 - Boat Trip
21:00 – 24:00 - Gala Dinner
SUNDAY, JUNE 15TH
9:30 – 12:30 - Farewell Brunch
To learn more about Dubrovnik, please visit: http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng.