Thunderbird European Reunion 2014 in Dubrovnik
June 12-15, 2014
Why this European Reunion?
- This will be our 41st European Reunion, done in the tradition of 40 prior successful events.
- Network with alumni from Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Africa -- expand your network.
- The Business Forum will be intellectually stimulating, covering a wide range of thought provoking topics.
- US Ambassador and alumnus Philip Reeker ’91 speaking on European and global political trends, including cyber security, stability and geopolitics ; Thunderbird Professor Karen Walch Ph.D. speaking on winning global negotiation strategies; and alumnus-entrepreneur Lawrence Masle ’94 from “Up, There, Everywhere” speaking on the growing trend, relevance and impact of cutting-edge, global, virtual, cloud-based organizations.
- Other presenters include Dr. Tvrtko Jakovina, a prominent Croatian historian and academic; in addition to the two sets of presentations by Rune Gisvold ’81 (chief of staff and CFO at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics in Oslo) and Hugo Devlin (managing director Thunderbird Executive Education) and Tania Cook (Global Brand Manager and Communications Strategy from Zurich Insurance) as well as Stephane Sinimale ’07 (managing director Thunderbird Executive Education); and a surprise speaker for the luncheon keynote address who all will want to hear based on his stellar accomplishments since graduating from Thunderbird.
- Members of the Board of Trustees and Thunderbird Global Council will be present: interact with leadership team
- Meet the new president of Thunderbird, Dr. Larry Penley, and see close up what is happening with your alma mater.
- Help brainstorm new horizons for Thunderbird as it maps out it strategy for the coming years.
- Put forward your proposals to host the 2015 European Reunion – be part of the action!
- Dubrovnik is the jewel of the Mediterranean and the most visited tourist spot in Croatia.
- Dubrovnik became a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 1979.
- The uniqueness of Croatia will attract many, both pre/post event.
- Croatia’s recent entry into the EU offers attractive new business opportunities in the region.
- Accessible by air, road and sea; with direct flights from/to most major European cities during summer.
- Climate is mild Mediterranean with summer sea temperatures up to 25°C, extraordinary scenery.
- And finally….the opportunity to meet and network with old and new Tbirds in a lovely setting!
Download the brochure (PDF)
We are still actively seeking sponsors for the event: Sponsorship Benefits (PDF)
THURSDAY, JUNE 12TH
19:00 – 22:00 - Welcome BBQ
FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH
8:00 – 14:30 - Business Forum
15:30 – 18:30 - Guided City Tour
20:00 – 23:00 - Folklore Dinner
SATURDAY, JUNE 14TH
9:00 – 17:00 - Boat Trip
21:00 – 24:00 - Gala Dinner
SUNDAY, JUNE 15TH
9:30 – 12:30 - Farewell Brunch
To learn more about Dubrovnik, please visit: http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng.