Thunderbird European Reunion 2014 in Dubrovnik
June 12-15, 2014
Why this European Reunion?
- This will be our 41st European Reunion, done in the tradition of 40 prior successful events.
- Network with alumni from Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Africa — expand your network.
- The Business Forum will be intellectually stimulating, covering a wide range of thought provoking topics.
- Prominent Croatian historian and academic, Dr. Tvrtko Jakovina, speaking on the history of Croatia and the Balkan region
- US Ambassador and alumnus Philip Reeker ’91 speaking on U.S. policy towards Europe and the Balkans, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, Transatlantic Engagement, global stability and geopolitics
- Senior Foreign Policy Advisor to the President of Croatia, Romana Vlahutin, speaking on Croatian economic and political trends, including their recent entry into the EU and their foreign policy outlook
- Thunderbird Professor Karen Walch, Ph.D. speaking on winning global negotiation strategies in a cross-cultural, multi-polar world
- Alumnus-entrepreneur Lawrence Masle ’94 from “Up, There, Everywhere” speaking on the growing trend, relevance and impact of cutting-edge, global, virtual, cloud-based organizations
- Two success stories highlighting Thunderbird’s market-leading executive education: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics of Norway, led by Rune Gisvold ’81 (chief of staff and CFO) and Hugo Devlin (Managing Director Thunderbird Executive Education); and Zurich Insurance of Switzerland, led by Tania Cook (Global Brand Manager and Communications Strategy) and Stephane Sinimale ’07 (Managing Director Thunderbird Executive Education)
- A surprise speaker for the luncheon keynote address, sharing his stellar accomplishments since graduating from Thunderbird.
- Members of the Board of Trustees and Thunderbird Global Council will be present: interact with leadership team
- Meet the new president of Thunderbird, Dr. Larry Penley, and see close up what is happening with your alma mater.
- Help brainstorm new horizons for Thunderbird as it maps out it strategy for the coming years.
- Put forward your proposals to host the 2015 European Reunion – be part of the action!
- Dubrovnik is the jewel of the Mediterranean and the most visited tourist spot in Croatia.
- Dubrovnik became a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 1979.
- The uniqueness of Croatia will attract many, both pre/post event.
- Croatia’s recent entry into the EU offers attractive new business opportunities in the region.
- Accessible by air, road and sea; with direct flights from/to most major European cities during summer.
- Climate is mild Mediterranean with summer sea temperatures up to 25°C, extraordinary scenery.
- And finally….the opportunity to meet and network with old and new Tbirds in a lovely setting!
Download the brochure (PDF)
We are still actively seeking sponsors for the event: Sponsorship Benefits (PDF)
Thanks for your interest in the 2014 Thunderbird Reunion. Registration has now officially closed; however we still have some capacity at most of the events, which is available on a first come first served basis. For more information about late registration, please contact Charlie LaFond directly at email@example.com. We hope to see you there - It’s going to be a great weekend!
— Team Dubrovnik
THURSDAY, JUNE 12TH
19:00 – 22:00 - Welcome BBQ
FRIDAY, JUNE 13TH
8:00 – 14:30 - Business Forum
15:30 – 18:30 - Guided City Tour
20:00 – 23:00 - Folklore Dinner
SATURDAY, JUNE 14TH
9:00 – 17:00 - Boat Trip
21:00 – 24:00 - Gala Dinner
SUNDAY, JUNE 15TH
9:30 – 12:30 - Farewell Brunch
To learn more about Dubrovnik, please visit: http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng.